1. Open VCatcher. The program automatically runs in the state of capturing a video. It means that VCatcher is ready to detect the streaming video you play on your computer and will download it. To disable the state of capturing, click in the left corner of the program (Figure 1.1).
There are a few websites (Hulu.com, Fifa.com, Fox.com) with cool video content (TV shows, films) which are protected from capturing/downloading, but you can record it with VCatcher for personal use and enjoyment.
Let see how easy it is to record video from your screen. All you need is to make the following steps.
1. Open VCatcher. Switch to the screen recorder (Figure 1.5).
2. Open the webpage you want to record. For example, a trailer shown on Hulu.com. Than click "screen area" button (Figure 1.6) and select the area you want to record by moving the pointer from one corner to another.
VCatcher lets you convert your videos to most known formats .mov, .wmv, .mp4 for all popular devices, such as IPad, iPhone, HTC, Blackberry, PSP, IPod, etc. VCatcher also extracts audio from videos and converts to .mp3. The converter can cut the desired duration, choose the output resolution of the converted videos. Let's see how it works.
1. Choose a video which you want to convert from the table and specify the name and the destination for it (Figure 1.8).
Many popular sites with live streaming video, such as justin.tv, ustream.tv, blogtv.com, youtube.com/live use RTMP protocol for transferring data. After the improvements of 3.90 version VCatcher has the ability to download/capture video broadcasted through RTMP protocol. Let's see how it works.
1. Open VCatcher. The program automatically runs in the state of capturing streaming video through HTTP and RTMP. It means that VCatcher is ready to detect streaming video you play on your computer and will download it. To disable the state of capturing, click in the left corner of the program (Figure 1.1).